Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Mind Game

Tomorrow I am leaving for a family reunion.  The last time I saw most of these family members was just a few days after the last challenge I did, right after losing 20 lbs.  Even though I was still above my pre-pregnancy weight I felt great!  I think because I was actively taking control of my weight and being healthier I just felt good.  I knew I would be seeing all of these people again this upcoming weekend, and pictured myself being another 20 lbs. lighter at the reunion.
Well darn, it's not going to happen.  I've lost about 8 lbs. this time around and not many inches at all.  Tonight I'm feeling disappointed in myself.  It is because I know I haven't given it my best effort this time around.
I have learned that when I am making healthy choices I feel good about myself...regardless of how much weight I still need to lose.

But as someone said before, the battle may be lost but the war is not over...I'm just going to keep tackling one pound at a time!  I'd totally be up for another challenge this fall if anyone is interested!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh Stephanie! I think your lookin hot so doont you worry bout a thing. Hope you have fun the next few weeks, we will miss you balancing on noodles hah have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete